No arrests have been made following the killing of six people in Khutsong near Carletonville, Gauteng police said on Wednesday.
“No arrest has been made. Investigations are continuing,” said Captain Jabulani Kundethe.
He said no violence was reported since Monday.
“The situation is calm, no incident has been reported.”
The six were killed after about 400 men, believed to be Khutsong residents, held a meeting to discuss gangsterism on Sunday.
The men separated into different groups.
One group attacked a 61-year-old traditional healer, and set him and his house alight. The man died on the scene.
Other groups from the meeting targeted two young men, allegedly members of a gang, who were assaulted and set alight. They also died at the scene.
Two other alleged gang members were stoned. One died on the scene and the other died in hospital.
The body of a sixth man was found on Sunday night. He had been set alight. – Sapa