This horrific attack took place little more than a week after the violent attack on a 9-year-old Delft girl who was raped, doused in petrol and set alight.
In Bonteheuwel, on Sunday at about 7.45pm, the boy was walking along Bonteheuwel Avenue, when a man called him, said police spokesman Captain FC van Wyk.
The man led the boy into a derelict building which had been gutted in a fire. Here, the man, apparently known to the people in the area as “Franky”, raped the boy.
Police have also issued an identikit of a suspect in another Delft child rape which occurred earlier this month – on January 12 a 6-year-old girl was raped in a communal toilet.
Police said the rapist is between the ages of 45 and 50. He is 1.65m tall and has a dark complexion.
Delft police have also issued an identikit of a suspect in a rape that occurred in August last year. In that incident, a 24-year-old woman was forced at knife point into the bushes at the R300 and N2 intersection, and raped.
Reacting to these latest reports of child rape, MEC of Social Development Albert Fritz said that he was “outraged”.